What ALEXANDER DISEASE means: Alexander Disease - is a slowly progressing and fatal neurodegenerative disease. It is a very rare disorder which results from a genetic mutation and mostly affects infants and children, causing developmental delay and changes in physical characteristics.
- Definition Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis:
- Dictionary Encephalomyelitis - is an immune mediated disease of brain. It usually occurs following a viral infection or vaccination, but it may also appear spontaneously. It is similar in some ways to multiple alexander disease.
- Definition Acquired Epileptiform Aphasia:
- Dictionary Epileptiform Aphasia - Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS) is a rare, childhood neurological disorder characterized by the sudden or gradual development of aphasia (the inability to understand or express alexander disease.
- Definition Aicardi Syndrome:
- Dictionary is a rare genetic disorder. Aicardi syndrome is characterized by the following: Absence of the corpus callosum, either partial or complete (the corpus callosum is the part of the brain which sits alexander disease.
- Definition Arachnoiditis:
- Dictionary a neuropathic disease caused by the inflammation of the arachnoid, one of the membranes that surround and protect the nerves of the central nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord. The alexander disease.