What AGENESIS OF THE CORPUS CALLOSUM means: Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum - (ACC) is a rare birth defect (congenital disorder) in which there is a complete or partial absence of the corpus callosum. Agenesis of the corpus callosum occurs when the corpus callosum, the band of tissue connecting the two hemispheres of the brain, does not develop typically in utero. In addition to agenesis of the corpus callosum, other callosal disorders include hypogenesis (partial formation), dysgenesis (malformation) of the corpus callosum, and hypoplasia (underdevelopment) of the corpus callosum.
- Definition ADHD:
- Dictionary Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), or Hyper-kinetic Disorder as officially known in the UK (though ADHD is more commonly used), is generally considered to be a developmental disorder, largely agenesis of the corpus callosum.
- Definition Angelman Syndrome:
- Dictionary Symptoms of Angelman syndrome are learning disability, jerky movements, a tendency to seizures and a happy, sociable personality. Children with Angelman syndrome often do not learn to sit until agenesis of the corpus callosum.
- Definition Adrenoleukodystrophy:
- Dictionary Adrenoleukodystrophy - is one of a group of genetic disorders called the leukodystrophies that cause damage to the myelin sheath, an insulating membrane that surrounds nerve cells in the brain agenesis of the corpus callosum.
- Definition Alzheimer'S Disease:
- Dictionary Alzheimer's Disease-(AD) is a slowly progressive disease of the brain that is characterized by impairment of memory and eventually by disturbances in reasoning, planning, language, and perception agenesis of the corpus callosum.