What is WORD PROCESSOR: A computerized typewriter. It allows the correction and reformatting of documents before they are printed.
- Definition Warning Box:
- Dictionary A rectangular window that warns you of an input error (such as an incorrect password) or a potentially dangerous consequence of a requested operation word processor.
- Definition Warm Booting:
- Dictionary Resetting the computer without turning it off, by using the Ctrl- Alt-Del key combination. See bootstrapping word processor.
- Definition Write-Protecting:
- Dictionary Giving a disk read-only status by covering the write-protect notch (on a 5 1/4" diskette) or by sliding the write-protect switch (on a 3 1/2" diskette) to a see-through position word processor.
- Definition Wide Directory Listing:
- Dictionary An alternate output format that lists multiple columns of file names. Obtained by using the /W switch with the DIR command word processor.
How works word processor meaning in Dictionary W .