What is STOP BIT: In asynchronous communications, the bit sent after the data bits to indicate that no more data bits follow. Compare to start bit.
- Definition Synchronous Communications:
- Dictionary communicating via modem whereby the data that is sent is transmitted at regularly spaced intervals without the use of start and stop bits to frame each packet of information. See also asynchronous stop bit.
- Definition Source:
- Dictionary The location containing the original data, files, or other information to be used in a DOS command stop bit.
- Definition Share Ware:
- Dictionary Software that is made available for free but displays a polite request for a donation to help offset the cost of making it widely available. See also public domain stop bit.
- Definition Software:
- Dictionary The programs and instruction sets that operate the computer stop bit.
How works stop bit meaning in Dictionary S .