What is SCAN CODE: The hardware code representing a key pressed on a keyboard. Converted by a keyboard driver into an ASCII code for use by DOS and application programs.
- Definition Software Interrupt:
- Dictionary software program that calls up a routine that is resident in the computer's basic programming. It is also a software signal to the computer that the software program has finished or has a scan code.
- Definition Standard Mode:
- Dictionary in which Windows 3 can run, the other two being real mode and 386 enhanced mode. Standard mode is the normal operating mode for Windows, and requires an 80286 or 80386 machine with at least 1Mb of scan code.
- Definition Serial Communications:
- Dictionary Data transmission in which data is transferred and processed one bit at a time. Compare to parallel communications scan code.
- Definition Share Ware:
- Dictionary Software that is made available for free but displays a polite request for a donation to help offset the cost of making it widely available. See also public domain scan code.
How works scan code meaning in Dictionary S .