What is OVERLAY FILES: Files containing additional command and control information for sophisticated and complex programs. An overlay file is usually too large to fit into memory along with the main .EXE or .COM file.
- Definition Overlay Area:
- Dictionary A portion of memory reserved for storage and execution of overlay file instructions overlay files.
- Definition Overwriting:
- Dictionary Typing or saving new data over what is already there overlay files.
- Definition Octal:
- Dictionary A numbering system in base 8 overlay files.
- Definition Operating Mechanizm:
- Dictionary See DOS overlay files.
How works overlay files meaning in Dictionary O .