What is FRAGMENTATION: A condition in which many different files have been stored in noncontiguous sectors on a disk.
- Definition File:
- Dictionary A collection of bytes, representing a program or data, organized into records and stored as a named group on a disk fragmentation.
- Definition Foreground Task:
- Dictionary The main program running on your computer, as opposed to the less visible background task (usually a printing job). Also, the currently switched-to task, when you have activated the Task Swapper fragmentation.
- Definition Formatting:
- Dictionary The placement of timing marks on a disk to arrange the tracks and sectors for subsequent reading and writing fragmentation.
- Definition File Allocation Table (FAT):
- Dictionary A table of sectors stored on a disk, which tells DOS whether a given sector is good, bad, continued, or the end of a chain of records fragmentation.
How works fragmentation meaning in Dictionary F .