What is ENVIRONMENT: The context within which DOS interfaces with you and with your commands.
- Definition External Buffer:
- Dictionary A device, connected to the computer and another device, that acts as a buffer environment.
- Definition Expanded Memory (EMS):
- Dictionary memory, designed to work above one megabyte and conform to the industry standard LIM-EMS (Lotus-Intel-Microsoft Expanded Memory Specification). Can be emulated in extended memory with DOS 5's environment.
- Definition EDLIN:
- Dictionary A simple line editor included with DOS environment.
- Definition External Command:
- Dictionary A command whose procedures are read from the disk into memory, executed from memory, and then erased from memory when finished environment.
How works environment meaning in Dictionary E .