What is BYTE: The main unit of memory in a computer. A byte is an eight-bit binary- digit number. A byte can represent a number from 0 to 255, thus it can signify 256 different characters.
- Definition Bootstrapping:
- Dictionary The process of accessing and implementing the instructions found in the boot record byte.
- Definition Buffer:
- Dictionary An area in memory set aside to speed up the transfer of data, allowing blocks of data to be transferred at once byte.
- Definition Bit Mapping:
- Dictionary The way a graphics screen is represented in the computer. The image that makes up a graphic on a computer screen is composed of individual pixels that correspond to one or more bits in memory byte.
- Definition BASIC:
- Dictionary Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. A simple computer language similar to English. See QBasic byte.
How works byte meaning in Dictionary B .