What REHABILITATION ENGINEERING means: The use of engineering science and principles to develop technological solutions and devices to assist individuals with disabilities, and aid the recovery of physical and cognitive functions lost because of disease or injury.
- Definition Robotic Surgery:
- Dictionary Surgery performed through very small incisions or natural orifices using thin finger-like robotic tools controlled remotely by the surgeon through a telemanipulator or computer interface rehabilitation engineering.
- Definition Regenerative Medicine:
- Dictionary includes tissue engineering but also incorporates research on self-healing – where the body uses its own systems, sometimes with the help of foreign biological material to rebuild tissues and organs rehabilitation engineering.
- Definition Radiation:
- Dictionary The emission of energy as electromagnetic waves or as moving subatomic particles, especially high-energy particles that cause ionization rehabilitation engineering.
- Definition Raman Spectroscopy:
- Dictionary relies on inelastic scattering of visible, near-infrared, or near-ultraviolet light that is delivered by a laser. The laser light interacts with molecular vibrations in the material being examined rehabilitation engineering.