What RADIATION means: The emission of energy as electromagnetic waves or as moving subatomic particles, especially high-energy particles that cause ionization.
- Definition Rehabilitation Engineering:
- Dictionary engineering science and principles to develop technological solutions and devices to assist individuals with disabilities, and aid the recovery of physical and cognitive functions lost because of radiation.
- Definition Raman Spectroscopy:
- Dictionary relies on inelastic scattering of visible, near-infrared, or near-ultraviolet light that is delivered by a laser. The laser light interacts with molecular vibrations in the material being examined radiation.
- Definition Radiopharmaceuticals/Radioactive Tracers:
- Dictionary are made up of carrier molecules that are bonded tightly to a radioactive atom. The carrier molecule is designed to bind to the tissue being examined so that the radioactive atom can be scanned to radiation.
- Definition Robotic Surgery:
- Dictionary Surgery performed through very small incisions or natural orifices using thin finger-like robotic tools controlled remotely by the surgeon through a telemanipulator or computer interface radiation.