What PHOTON means: A particle of light or electromagnetic radiation. The energies of photons range from high-energy gamma rays and x-rays to low-energy radio waves.
- Definition Polymer:
- Dictionary composed of many repeating subunits. Polymers range from familiar synthetic plastics such as polystyrene to natural biopolymers such as DNA. Polymers have unique physical properties, including photon.
- Definition Positron Emission Tomography (PET):
- Dictionary radiopharmaceuticals to create 3 dimensional images. The decay of the radiotracers used with PET scans produce small particles called positrons. When positrons react with electrons in the body they photon.
- Definition Prosthetics:
- Dictionary The design, fabrication, and fitting of artificial body parts photon.
- Definition Piezoelectric Crystals:
- Dictionary transducer of an ultrasound device that vibrate when an electric signal is applied, emitting high-frequency sound pressure waves. The crystals are the crucial component of an ultrasound device both photon.