What NEUROIMAGING means: Includes the use of a number of techniques to image the structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, and associated structures.
- Definition Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS):
- Dictionary A spectroscopic method that uses the near-infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum for pharmaceutical and medical diagnostics, typically measurements of blood sugar and blood oxygen levels neuroimaging.
- Definition Nanoparticle:
- Dictionary between 1 and 100 nanometers in size. The size is similar to that of most biological molecules and structures. Nanoparticles can be engineered for a wide variety of biomedical uses including neuroimaging.
- Definition Nanotechnology:
- Dictionary matter with at least one dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers. Research areas include surface science, molecular biology, semiconductor physics, and microfabrication. Applications are diverse neuroimaging.
- Definition Nuclear Medicine:
- Dictionary that uses radioactive tracers (radiopharmaceuticals) to assess bodily functions and to diagnose and treat disease. Diagnostic nuclear medicine relies heavily on imaging techniques that measure neuroimaging.