What BIOINFORMATICS means: The branch of biology that is concerned with the acquisition, storage, display and analysis of biological information. Analysis of biological information includes statistical and computational methods to model biological processes.
- Definition Bioreactor:
- Dictionary A manufactured or engineered device that provides an environment that supports biological processes. Many bioreactors are used to grow cells or tissues for use in tissue engineering bioinformatics.
- Definition Biosensors:
- Dictionary A device that uses biological material, such as DNA, enzymes and antibodies, to detect specific biological, chemical, or physical processes and then transmits or reports this data bioinformatics.
- Definition Brain-Computer Interface:
- Dictionary the brain’s electrical signals to allow individuals with limited mobility to learn to use their thoughts to move a computer cursor or other devices like a robotic arm or a wheelchair bioinformatics.
- Definition Brachytherapy:
- Dictionary therapy in which one or more small radioactive sources is placed in or adjacent to an area requiring treatment. The dose rate and longevity of the radiation source is chosen to reflect the treatment bioinformatics.