What BIOENGINEERING means: The application of concepts and methods of engineering, biology, medicine, physiology, physics, materials science, chemistry, mathematics and computer sciences to develop methods and technologies to solve health problems in humans.
- Definition Biomaterial:
- Dictionary or construct that interacts with biological systems. Biomaterials can be derived from nature or synthesized in the laboratory using metallic components, polymers , ceramics, or composite materials bioengineering.
- Definition Biomimetics:
- Dictionary Using biological form and function seen in nature to inspire the design of solutions to engineering problems bioengineering.
- Definition Biocompatibility:
- Dictionary biomaterial interacts in the body with the surrounding cells, tissues and other factors. A biomaterial is considered to have good biocompatibility if it does not generate a vigorous immune response bioengineering.
- Definition Bioinformatics:
- Dictionary biology that is concerned with the acquisition, storage, display and analysis of biological information. Analysis of biological information includes statistical and computational methods to model bioengineering.